Line Cooks process food orders by preparing and cooking food. Line Cooks respond to orders from the computerized ordering system. They prepare food in accordance with Artichoke Joe’s standards for quality and timeliness of service. Specific duties include:
- Communicate and comprehend food orders and prepare as ordered. Food may only be prepared when the system has been used to order it and not from verbal instructions given by Runners or Cashiers.
- Prepare menu and special items quickly and with minimum waste. All food should be prepared and served in accordance with quality and recipe standards set by the Kitchen Manager.
- Maintain sanitary and safe workplaces in and around heated surfaces, floor, and food preparation areas.
- Prepare food items using grills, woks, ovens, broiler, gas burners, deep fryers, and other food processing equipment. Safely work with knives and power equipment such as slicers and choppers.
- Read and respond to computerized food ordering system.
- Lifting, carrying, and other handling of large quantities of food items.
- Report to appropriate personnel any hazardous condition.